Thursday, November 8, 2012

Roast Chicken.

Another perfect fall day and delicious fall cooking.

 We are fortunate enough to have a local turkey farm that sells farm fresh whole chickens as well as turkeys and everything you can think of made from turkey. Turkey "ham" salad, turkey bacon, turkey pepperoni and turkey sausage and more. Pounds Turkey Farm has a wide variety of Turkey items as well as other local farm raised beef and more. 

 On the menu today is roast chicken. I have found so many different recipes on Pinterest and other foodie blogs that I follow but today I was just looking for a plain old roast chicken. This recipe fit that description, not to say that it was plain just that it was nice and simple and I had all the ingredients on hand. 


 I am loving sweet potatoes lately so along with the side of potatoes, carrots, celery and onions, I cut up a couple sweet potatoes too. Yum. 

 A little time consuming but all of this was super easy and delicious. While I was chopping up all the sweet potatoes and veggies, I decided to chop up the acorn squash my sister had given me from her local CSA farm share and make soup. No recipe here just a throw together soup. It was perfect for the chilly fall day. 




What's cookin' at your house tonight? 



No comments:

Post a Comment