Thursday, November 8, 2012

A Little Organization


It was a busy day in our house today. After reading Money Saving Mom's latest posts about organization and getting things done, I figured I would tackle an organization project that has been bugging me. Well, two of them actually. So today after Ginger and I got back from today's morning walk (lots of frost on the ground this morning) I started sorting/clipping/organizing my coupon inserts and swapped the small folders I had them in. I have a coupon binder that I love, but I needed to change up the small one to a medium one that I carry with me at the store. I have great friends and family that share their coupons with me but I end up with a big pile of them. So recently I have tried sorting them weekly into a folder/binder that keeps them in order before I clip them. Then I clip/sort them and put them into the medium folder that I can shop with. I just can't get the hang of taking the big binder shopping. 



 YAY! I feel like I am all organized after that haha. 

 
On to the next project, my recipe binder

 I love my recipe binder! I found many different ideas on Pinterest a while ago and I put together a recipe binder that I use daily. I am still tweaking a few things, I need to redo my categories and I would like to put a section for daily easy/quick meals in my normal rotation for our meal plan. But those are a work in progress. Today's job was sorting and filing the new recipes I have printed or pulled out of magazines in the last few months. This recipe binder has made it so much easier for me to plan meals for our weekly meal plan and find/try new recipes. 

 
Yay! Another thing off my list. 

If you would like to see more about my recipe binder you can check out my post here

What is your most recent organization project? Have you just finished it or is it one lingering over you that needs completed? Feel free to share. 

 

10 comments:

  1. Sounds very productive!:) I have a coupon binder too, but with five little ones I found that right now I don't have much time to clip and sort and file all those coupons, so it's collecting dust. It was very helpful though when I was actually using it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I came over from your comment on my blog, theeconomicalhomemaker.com!

    I forced myself to clean out my coupon binder last week too! It took forever, but it is so nice to have it clean!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Tanya!

      Aww, ya exactly! :-) Feels great to have it done!

      Delete
  3. Aww @Kayla wow ya five little ones would keep you busy! It's just the two of us for now so I figure I might as well do it while I can! :-) Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny how getting a little organization project taken care of makes you feel like you have accomplished so much! I just picked up some new 3x5 index card boxes to start a new "to-do" project box. I read about it in a book a few years ago. When you come up with something you need to get done, you file it in the box. You can put catagories in for a quick 10-15 minute project, half hour, half a day, etc. That way, when you find yourself with a little time on your hands, you can go to the file and take care of a project on your list that fits your time frame. It also keeps you from having lists sitting everywhere. When your chore is finished-flip the card over for the next one, or throw it away. I am hoping this will help get me a little more on track with things I need to get done. This time of year is a great time to catch up! Thanks for keeping us inspired!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) That's great, I like the idea of not having lists everywhere! :-)

      Delete
  5. Your coupon binder looks lovely! I need to redo my recipe binder. I have so many cookbooks, recipes on my computer and a BIG recipe binder that I've had for 15 years that needs redoing!
    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like your binders! I would like to make some pretty binders too! Thanks for stopping by my site! Thanks for sharing your with me! :)

      Delete
    2. Wow 15 years that's wonderful! Yep, it's always nice to go through them and reorganize!

      Delete
    3. Thank you! Good luck with your binders too! :-)

      Delete