Sunday, February 24, 2013

Poppyseed Dressing

As a newbie cook, I have very few of my own recipes but I love to share anything we have made that isn't a recipe I have found online! 

Today I would love to share a secret family recipe lol. No secret here, it's just a family recipe. We eat a lot of salads at our house, not just a salad but as a side to literally almost every meal. I have always been a ranch dressing fan but one of the first family dinners at my hubby's parents house before his Mom passed, I tried my new favorite dressing. The "homemade" poppyseed dressing. I was in love! The dressing was a lighter dressing than the ranch but it's delicious. It has become a staple in our house.

I forgot to put the balsamic vinegar in the picture but it's in the dressing. 



"Homemade" Poppyseed Dressing 
I use the dressing bottle from Good Seasons that has the measurements right on it. 
Ingredients:

One packet Italian Dressing mix.
1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
 1 Tsp. Poppyseeds (you can adjust this) 
 2 Tbsp Water
Mix these ingredients first! 
Then add 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil (or oil of your choice)

You can add a sprinkle of Splenda or Agave to sweeten it up a bit if you choose. 


Do you have a favorite homemade dressing recipe? Please feel free to share. 

I have joined in with Not Just A Housewife and her Linky Party. Check out the fabulous DIY ideas/recipes/organization ideas by clicking here. So far there are over 200! :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment