Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Almost Cinnamon Roll Dessert...

Have you ever been hungry for something such as a specific dessert and started searching for a recipe, trying the recipe and it just isn't working? Well, let me tell you, that was me Sunday! Enjoying a cozy weekend at home, not loving every bit of this cold, freezing, snowy weather. I was hungry for a Cinnamon Roll from the time I opened my eyes that morning! After trying to forget about it, I gave in and decided it's time to dig out a recipe. By dig out, I mean search Pinterest and ask on Facebook. Who has a great recipe?? I received a two recommendations and also it was suggested to just buy a can of Pillsbury! :-) 

 I am a newbie cook/baker in training but I love to bake! I haven't quite mastered the art of anything with yeast/bread etc... So after trying to get the yeast started twice and giving up. I was on the hunt for a new recipe!   

 I stumbled on one and went for it! 

I always tell my hubby that if it was perfect, it just wouldn't be me!  When time and time again, the recipe I tried, just didn't turn out quite like I expected. 

After the yeast failure, I realized I didn't add enough milk. So.... I scooped it back out and into the mixing bowl. Added more milk, back in the baking dish and... realized I had then put in too much milk! Yep, too much milk. Messed up again but at that point, I wasn't about to throw it away and start over, so I baked it as is. 

It turned out delicious! It tastes just like a Pillsbury Cinnamon Roll from the can, minus all the extra ingredients! 

My hubby loved it too, which in my book means it was a success! 

Have you ever had a day like this with baking, where nothing worked as planned? 

Excuse my picture, remember I scraped it all back out and then put it back in to bake. 


Almost Cinnamon Rolls Dessert (Adapted from recipe.)

 3 cups flour
¼ Tsp. salt
¾ cup sugar
4 Tsp. Baking powder
1 ½ cups milk (or accidentally put 2 cups like I did)
2 eggs
2 Tsp. Vanilla (can can use 1 & ¾ Tsp. Vanilla and ¼ Tsp. Maple flavoring)
½ cup (1 stick) real butter, melted


Topping
½ cup brown sugar
1 Tsp. Cinnamon (I added a little extra for more cinnamon flavor)
1 Tbsp. flour
¾ cup pecans crushed (optional- if you like nuts) I didn't use them.


Glaze
1 cup powdered sugar
3 Tbsp. Milk
2 tbsp. Butter.

  1. Preheat the oven to 350.
  2. Mix together dry ingredients then add milk, eggs and vanilla. Next stir in ½ cup melted butter. Pour the batter into greased 9x13 inch baking pan.
  3. Next mix the cinnamon, brown sugar and flour and use a knife to swirl it in the batter.
  4. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 – 30 minutes. Checking it at 20 min. as all ovens are different.
  5. For the glaze, melt the butter then stir into powdered sugar and milk. Pour over warm cake.   


    Do you have any great cinnamon roll recipes? Any great cinnamon & sugar desserts? Feel free to share! 













































No comments:

Post a Comment