Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Livingroom Update On a Budget.

Our Livingroom (on a budget) Before & After. 

We have been in our home for a little over 3 years. As I have mentioned before, we built our home 85% DIY and with all of the time, sweat and tears that went into building/painting I had been hesitant to hang anything on the walls. And I mean anything. 

I didn't want to hang anything until I was certain it was exactly what I wanted and the perfect fit for the space. If you know me, you know that I can't buy something unless I got a great deal or really need it, being the frugal coupon crazy person that I am. I also love to have our home looking great and cozy! Our livingroom is great, I love it but when we moved in, I didn't want to cram a million things on the walls. That is why the corner is totally empty. I was waiting to find the perfect piece for the space. I decided it was time to find something to fill the space but in order to save and do this on the budget, I decided to use things I already have! I painted a frame and swapped a few pictures/frames around. Now be kind, this is just what I came up with for now but I have a few great ideas in mind to add to it. 


Before. The picture gallery to the right was a little different, there was another frame plus I switched one around. But you can still basically see the before. 
THE corner before. The empty corner.
So many ideas but I am excited with what I have for now! 


The corner after.... And Ginger just had to be in the picture too. 

I love this printable I found on Pinterest. It is perfect. I have to do a little adjusting but love it in this old frame I had  that I repainted! You can print your own here. 

The finished (for now) product.


What do you think? 

No comments:

Post a Comment