Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Blackberry Cobbler for Dessert

I am not usually successful with new recipes for dinner but one thing I can do (sometimes) is bake. So after reading my other new cookbook (can you tell I am really trying to find some new recipes & get better at meal planning :-) ) I found a yummy new blackberry cobbler recipe. I had never made it but I had just picked up some blackberries & red raspberries since they were on sale and they don't keep very long.

It seems as though everyone has a different opinion of what "cobbler" is. Last week I made a Southern Peach Cobbler that was totally different from this cobbler. Either way sweets & fruit together, can't go wrong in my book. 

Love my new cookbook with step by step pictures & instructions! Perfect for a beginner cook or one that likes lots of direction! So absolutely perfect for me. In honor of The Pioneer Woman & her awesome cookbook, I decided to do a little step by step of this Blackberry Cobbler recipe. 

All the ingredients ready to begin. 


Melt the butter.

Add one cup of sugar. 

Add one cup of self rising flour. Or if you are like me & didn't have any self rising flour, you can substitute with one cup flour & one third teaspoon salt & one and one third teaspoon baking powder. 

Add 2 cups milk. 

Stir.

Add melted butter. 

Mix all together.
The berries, yep there are red raspberries in there too! It wouldn't be me if I actually had all the ingredients. :-)


Butter the baking dish. 

Pour it in your baking dish.




Drop the berries on top & sprinkle with a little sugar. 

Doesn't it look yummy?

The finished product, maybe not perfect but perfectly delish. 



Blackberry Cobbler Recipe
Ingredients

  • 1 stick Butter
  • 1-¼ cup Sugar
  • 1 cup Self-Rising Flour
  • 1 cup Milk
  • 2 cups Blackberries (frozen Or Fresh)

Preparation Instructions

Melt butter in a microwavable dish. Pour 1 cup of sugar and flour into a mixing bowl, whisking in milk. Mix well. Then, pour in melted butter and whisk it all well together. Butter a baking dish.
Now rinse and pat dry the blackberries. Pour the batter into the buttered baking dish. Sprinkle blackberries over the top of the batter; distributing evenly. Sprinkle ¼ cup sugar over the top.
Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 1 hour, or until golden and bubbly. If you desire, sprinkle an additional teaspoon of sugar over the cobbler 10 minutes before it’s done.




Do you have a favorite cobbler recipe? What is "cobbler" like in your family?

No comments:

Post a Comment