Monday, March 11, 2013

Six Sisters Stuff Cookbook & Chocolate Chip Cookies with a Twist!


They really look yummy don't they? 

 Last week I counted the days for my new cookbook from Six Sister's Stuff to arrive! If you haven't checked out the blog, you can do so by clicking here

The recipes in this cookbook are hearty, some quick and easy, yummy home cooked foods. I love a good recipe from a friend or my Gram. A recipe that I know has been tried and true and will always turn out yummy, but once I run out of those great families recipes, I am searching online for more. I found this blog some time ago on Pinterest, my favorite place to search for recipes when I am ready to switch up from the classics! 
Six Sister's and their families all trying to keep their families around the dinner table every night with a delicious, semi-simple, home cooked meal. You can sign up for their 4x4 Dinner Challenge right now too, get a free Ecookbook and join the fun! 

Testing the cookbook included several members of my family! My sister (thanks Bri) and I tried the Chocolate Chip Banana Oatmeal cookies. (Of course I had to include my sister, this is the Six "Sisters" Cookbook right) and they turned out delicious! Super easy to make and even my Non-Banana eating hubby, loved them! :-) I didn't may not have mentioned the fact that there were bananas in them before he tried one. After the third one I let the cat out of the bag! 




Since we are leaving for the beach tomorrow.... (YAY!!!) I was in a bit of a hurry to try a few great recipes but since I had already planned meals for the week before we left in hopes that we wouldn't have a full fridge before we leave... I needed an extra hand at another recipe! So my Mom (thanks Mom) decided to try another recipe! The Twice Baked Potato Casserole! Aside from her mistaking 5 pounds of potatoes for 5 potatoes and then adjusting the recipe later.... She said it was a great hearty cheesy potato casserole! 



Taking a picture to send to Mom! 



One last peak at the cookbook



Have you tried any of the Six Sister's recipes? Did you get the cookbook



2 comments:

  1. Loved being a part of the sample project and just might have to get a copy of the book for myself! The casserole was delicious, even with my mistaken measurements (just goes to show you, don't be afraid to try the recipes, even if you make a mistake!). They used simple, usually on hand, ingredients. Easy directions. Picture included-always important. It had so much flavor and the whole family loved it. I have a feeling it is going to be on our "family dinner" menu in the days to come.

    ReplyDelete