Monday, December 17, 2012

7 Days & Homemade Dog Treats

Still counting down each day & finishing all the last minute preparations for the holidays! I am usually ahead of schedule and save the baking for the last week. 


 I have seen several different recipes for homemade dog treats on Pinterest so I thought I could make a batch or two Ginger (our chocolate lab mix) and a batch to use as gifts for our furry nephews! As I am typing I realize that all of our siblings have boys! 

Well, boys of the furry variety anyways! :-) I don't have a dog bone shaped cookie cutter just yet so I just made them round! I don't think the dogs will care. Now that I have them baked, I am off to make the gift tags. I will share the finished product soon! 

I think Ginger, Duke, Hank & Titan will be happy pups this Christmas! 




 The recipe choices are endless but I narrowed it down to these two. 
 The first is a super easy two ingredient recipe. 


Homemade Dog Treats
  •  2 cups of whole wheat flour 
  • 2 jars of babyfood (4 oz jars) 

  Mix the ingredients together, roll out on a lightly floured surface and cut to desired shape.  Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. 

Bake at 350 for 20 - 25 minutes. 


Pea-Mutt Butter Dog Cookies

  • 2 cups whole wheat flour
  • 1 cup rolled oats
  • 1/3 cup peanut butter
  • 1 1/4 cups hot water


      Mix the dry ingredients together then add the water & peanut butter, roll out on a lightly floured surface and cut to desired shape.  Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. 

    Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes. 





No comments:

Post a Comment