Monday, October 29, 2012

Sunday Family Dinner & Pumpkin Dip!

Our family is big on Sunday family dinners. It is a great way for us to get together and chat about the recent events in our lives and even just the normal day to day. This Sunday I decided to have both sides of the family over for dinner, with Chilli on the menu! It was a chilly (haha) and rainy day, the perfect day to cook and bake at home. Hubby made breakfast in the morning then I started the chilli. I love to start it early but let it simmer all day. Chilli is a perfect comfort food for a crowd since it can be left in the crockpot and eaten in shifts. One of the things I love with chilli is cornbread. I found a yummy recipe that says one to two eggs. Why can't it just say exactly how many. Well, as I get the recipe out, I realize that I am one egg short if I go with 2! Since I was doing two batches, I tried the recipe with three eggs. We had a little bit crumbly cornbread. Now on to the snacks...

Crumbly Cornbread. 
Pinterest is a great resource for recipes, it is a great site to search different types or recipes and see what others think of it! Well, if you are like me, you pin too many things that you will never make. My recent goal has been to try one new Pinterest project/recipe/idea each week. 

I can honestly say it has been a fun challenge. So for a snack for our Sunday dinner, this dessert/snack is perfect, so quick and easy but very creative too. I can't take credit for the creativity, you can check out the original post here at Carolina Charm. 

 The only time consuming part of this is carving the pumpkin. I am sure it would be just as good in a bowl but the pumpkin makes it even better! 

My attempt at the Pumpkin Dip! 

No comments:

Post a Comment