Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Peanut Butter Granola Bars

Granola bars are something I love but honestly have never made. I can't believe I have never made them before because they are so easy! My sister in law recently shared a yummy recipe for granola bars that looks healthy and delicious. Since I didn't have the ingredients on hand and had already been to the store in the past few days, I decided to make a different recipe. I wanted to try something I knew my hubby would like. He isn't a big fan of the dried fruit (which I love) and he loves anything peanut butter. So I found a Peanut Butter Granola Bar recipe and thought I would give it a try. 


 I made these and I thought they were yummy! Healthier than the store bought version which I love. I know they aren't the perfect 'healthy' ingredients but to me, as long as they weren't all store bought, they were perfect! 

5 Ingredient 
Peanut Butter Granola Bars
 (12-16 granola squares)

4 cups rolled oats
2 tablespoons chia seeds  I didn't have these. 
1/2 cup unsalted peanuts, chopped
3/4 cup natural peanut butter, melted
1/2 cup brown rice syrup (I used honey!)

 I will say I may need to add a little more of the wet ingredients because they turned out a little dry. All in all they were yummy. 

 Now off to find a few more granola bar recipes. 

Do you have any you love? Feel free to share. 

No comments:

Post a Comment